Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grandpas stories


I have the most amazing grandparents ever and this week is their anniversary so i have had them on the brain. This pic was sitting on my counter begging to be scrapped :) My grandpa is a story teller, and i love it. I could listen to him for hours and hours. Makes me smile!!! Lo is a circle so i think it will become a wall hanging in my studio!!! I was feeling shabby chic so i pulled out this making memories i have been hoarding(who me? guilty as charged) I loved the colors sooooooo sooooo much. This has a light airy happy feel. I really enjoyed making it. So i finally took the plunge and started submitting some of my stuff to mag design teams and stuff.......Its SUPER scary. art is so personal and im such a softy we'll have to see how it goes.............Oh ya on a non scrappy note, i finally convinced my husband to let me have a cat............We went from dog, to rabbit, to hamster, to cat(he kept saying no no no no no). I can deal with that!!! I'm home by myself all the time and i need some company!!! I have never really been a "cat" person but then it hit me......cats are solitary, do their own thing, dont have time to be bothered with tricks, AND SO AM I!!! i found a beautiful cat at this non profit place......Fingers crossed I can get him tomorrow!!! Look out ladies their might be a million cat los in the future. oh ya and hubs is actually excited about it(And he decided that it was his idea all along? Men i swear)!!!! On another note i have decided to stop swearing.....I swear like a sailor and i need to stop is there cussers anonymous or something cus im already having a hard time :) till tomorrow.........
Tip of the day: Notice how my background is white today instead of the usual messy desk? I saw some where online that you should photograph your layouts on some white foam core(i got mine at Micheal's for a project i never got around to) OUTSIDE standing over them with no flash. I never use flash because it leaves weird bright spots on the lo that i can never fix, but i never really thought about the foam core!!! It worked great. all of the lo that i photographed this week turned out great!!! Give it a try.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Your LO rocks!
That will make a great wall hanging!
The white foam core board really makes your photo pop!!

Christi Flores said...

I am putting that white foam core board on my to buy list and will pick one up at Michael's. I've been really struggling with where to take my pics. Your lo is fantastic btw and how cool that you're getting a cat. I'm not a huge cat person either but before I had my kiddos I had a cat and loved her!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You know I'm a big fan of your style.

Unknown said...

thanks for the foam core tip! I love your lo, the green is yumyumyummy

Charleen said...

love the LO! foam core? :)

Kent said...

Hey - saw your link from SIS. Cute layout! So great you have those memories and more to come!