Friday, January 18, 2008

Gotta love Target's dollar spot!!


I went to target today to peruse the dollar spot. I was hoping to find some goodies for my friends Valentines day paint can swap!!! I found a ton of stuff for gifts and some stuff to alter too. This came in a 2 pack in clear and black(I bought one of each and will be back tonight to buy a bunch more!!) They are just jumbo clips that have magnets on the back. Too cute I say!!!! This one took about 5 min to make. Card stock is Bazzil, cut with my nestabilities and punched with a paper piercer. The stamps are Studio G from Michael's. I used Stazon Stone Grey and Blazing Red inks. The ribbon is from my stash! I attached all of the layers together with foam tape for a little dimension, and adhered the paper to the clip with Tacky Tape. hope you like it! I'm still debating on if I like the ribbon or not. It looks plain with out it, but it kinda looks out of place. Any hoo. I am gonna try and be a better blogger this week. Life is slightly hectic over here! I plan on altering a bunch of stuff for Valentines day so check back for that. Also.....insert blushing here. In the midst of the Christmas chaos, I failed to send out my blog candy to Linda SS. It is going in the mail today, along with a Sorry-This-Took-Way-To-Long-Gift in the package. My sincere apologies for this Linda, I hope you can forgive me.

18 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Very cute!! I love the Target dollar spot! It's the first place I go when we go there. :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute and do you know I've never been to the Target $ spot, didn't even know there was such a thing! I vote without the ribbon.
Diane

Tracy said...

How neat, you are so lucky to have a place like target. Very cute.

Michelle said...

What a cute idea!

Michelle

Lee said...

Oh I sure do love that Dollar Spot!!! These are so cute!!

Joani McDonald said...

Bree, very cute! I wish I had a target close by!
Hugs,
Joani

Kim Mraz said...

how cute!!

UrgentCookie said...

My target doesn't usually have all the fun stuff at the dollar spot. You created a great project here. :0)

Teresa said...

This looks terrific. I am unfamiliar with the Target dollar spot- but not for long, lol!

JenniferL. said...

Now why didn't I think to alter those like that. Guess its back to Target for me, Very cute!

Laura lok said...

very cute idea

Louise F NZ said...

This is really cute, so jelous of you and your Target stores over there.
I love how you punched the cirlce, looks great. Oh and the ribbon looks cool!

My Paper World said...

very cute project!

Michelle Short said...

This is lovely and what a great idea! Love the colour combo :0)

Laura lok said...

dang our taget spot never has anything cool like this. very cute idea

Tami in OH said...

LOVE this - how cute! So you are saying I need to check out Target this week! lol

Amanda G said...

Brianne ??? Stanley..WHEN are you going to dazzle us with another post?!? (btw I do know your middle name..I just didnt want to post it, in fear of identity theft)seriously :)

kerianne said...

Ack...love them...now I need some of these puppies too!! You are so creative!!