Thursday, January 31, 2008

Calendars

Hello again!!! BEWARE**** For some reason my blog spell check isnt working, so grandma and everyone else dont have a cow :) Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow!!!!My friends Kristi and Niccole and I have a BFF swap that we just started doing. January's theme was a calendar, and this is my submission!!! First is a picture of the frame I used. I got it on sale at Hobby Lobby for about a dollar. It holds 2 4x6 pictures. All I did was measure it and slip my paper in and embellish the outside!!!! Super easy. The first frame is all SU! and is for Niccole(My super Hostess enabler buddy). I had a prob with this one because she likes earthy colors and I like bright cheery colors and lots of pink lol. It turned out ok in the end but im not entirely happy with it so im gonna make her another one even though she likes this one LOL. Postit notes go on the bottom left of the frames where my water mark is, I just didnt have any that matched. I think these are a cute quick and easy gift idea!!!! For hers I took some white ribbon and colored it with my copic markers(that I got from Gina k's copic club) and adheared it to the outside with Tacky Tape. The flowers(from Hobby Lobby) have Glossy Accents in the middle with seed beads on top. I saw this on some ones blog and I cant remember who(sorry I think your really cool though!!!) The paper is soft sky, so saffron, and old olive. The DP is Fall Flowers. I got the calender from Red Castle, which I found through Beate's tutorial on SCS.
Next is the one I made for Kristi(My Mrs Phil teenager advice columnist!) I jused paper from the For peeps sakes line from Imaginice. I am soooooooooo in love with this paper.....The best part is the matching stamps are only a dollar a piece. I bought mine on ebay way before I got the paper and I love them. The little birdy in the corner is the one Im talking about!!! It looks so cute stamped on the patterned paper!! I also bought this ribbon off eBay its May Arts and I already think I need more!!!!! This whole line makes me smile!!!! Hope you enjoyed todays post.....Hagd and remember Sistahs......try and do the challenge......You know you want the goodies!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly what a great idea!!!! Now does it tip over easy?

Rebekah said...

Very nice, I would love to try some of these sometimes. I just found some frames in my stash!

Anonymous said...

Adorable Bree ... Love'em !!!!! Can't wait to see it IRL ~ hopefully tomorrow :o)

Anonymous said...

well these are so cute, I've never seen anything like it! Looks simple enough, I'll have to be on the look out for some cheap frames. Thanks for idea!
Diane

Jackie said...

Excellent idea - I've never seen those frames used that way before but I like it!

Jackie said...

These are so cute! Thank you for sharing your creations!

Teresa said...

These look wonderful and are a terrific idea.

Laura lok said...

AWESOME IDEA. yeah blogger is going crazy today for some weird reason. at least you got a pic uploaded. it wouldn't let me today so I was complaining in my blog. lol

Tarasdesigns said...

they are gorgeous and what a great idea

Tara x

Michelle said...

Beautiful. These are wonderful!

Michelle

Louise F NZ said...

What a fantastic idea Bree! These turned out great.

Anonymous said...

What fabby calendars!

flourishes said...

OMG those are just darling Bree..GREAT!

Tami in OH said...

These are adorable - what a great idea and thinking out of the box! Love it!

Joani McDonald said...

How clever! Super work! You did a very nice job!
Hugs,
Joani

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Bree!!! I love this idea!!! So cool!!!

kerianne said...

Brilliant I say...just brilliant...Hmm, more stuff for me to buy and someday make!!! TFS