The quote above is from Donna Downey......Today has been pretty laid back. I put up some halloween decorations today!! I should be done soon and ill take some pictures. I totally lost my black bird and im super upset??? I hope it got stuck in a diff box or something! My mantle scape is lost without it. We were at target today getting some stuff for dinner(and a super awesome bedding set for our guest bedroom!) and i saw this super cute black flower arrangement for halloween. It was kinda pricey so i took a picture of it. I told jeff i could totally make it way cheaper. Just now when i was unpacking halloween stuff the black roses were right there on top lol. I guess i can definatly make it now!!! I also found a couple of other projects i didnt finish last year ;) I can add them to the list along with the banner i have yet to make. I swear as soon as my studio is dry ill be in there creating.......Its driving me nuts!
Hubs made Carne Asada on the grill tonight. No idea what that is in english but i think its skirt steak marinated with fajita sauce and grilled whole? I dont know i wasnt paying much attention. The piece of meat looks huge in the picture, but i didnt even eat half so dont freak out lol. If you guys have any healthy low fat reciepes to share feel free! I love to cook, and with the new grill Jeff and i have been cooking together every night!! We usally eat out every night ;( I like it much better this way! I made low fat spanish rice and Black beans for our sides. The spanish rice recipe was so quick and easy i thought i would share with you guys!!!
3 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Mexican seasonings no salt added
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (5.5-ounce) can tomato juice( I used 2 cans v8 spicy and it turned out well one can wasnt enough!)
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add rice, onion, and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 188 (3% from fat)
- 0.6g (sat 0.1g,mono 0.1g,poly 0.2g)
- 705mg (you can cut this way down if you use no salt added tomatoes and seasoning)
- This is my version of one i found on Cooking light!
- Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.......Im off to go look at boxer puppies!!!!