Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Love Story




Well the sun is finally shinning here in the big D, adobe is working for the time being, and blogger is actually letting me upload photos!!!!!!!! I finally get to post woooo hooooo!!!!!!!!! Ok, for your viewing pleasure is a lo I did using the IOD paintable water color paper. See previous post for details on paper. The flowers and leaves were colored with prismacolor pencils(click here for a list of prismas that match SU colors) spring green(pc913) for SU gable green, canary yellow(pc916) for SU yoyo yellow, process red(pc994) for SU pink passion, non- photo blue(pc919) for SU tempting turquoise. I used the magic gamosal technique with blending stumps from hobby lobby, and odorless mineral spirits that I bought at ace hardware. The border and the text backgrounds were made by taking my Niji watercolor brush and dipping it in pink passion and tempting turquoise(Pushing the ink pad down on a page protector created a nice pool of ink to water color with, for me. You can also use re-inkers, I just don't have any,YET.) The text was made in Word and printed off on vellum. The ribbon is also from the IOD Prima line. The title was from DCWV vellum quote stack(wedding and romance) that I water colored the back of with pink passion. It dried bumpy and I kinda liked that rough look. The picture overlay is from my minds eye bohemia collection. Heres a close up of the journaling entry.


All and all I really like how it turned out. The picture doesn't really capture how bright it is though. Thanks for looking!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWE, ya'll look so cute! LOOVE that pink paper-must convince hubby to buy me some :)

Lee said...

That paper and coloring are just fabulous!! Beautiful page!